1. Do you make matching leashes?
- We have matching leashes available for most of the 1 inch wide collars only. There are a few 1.5 and 2 inch collars with matching leashes available. If there is a matching leash it will be displayed as an option to purchase right on the listing with the collar. Our leashes are 4 feet long/1 inch wide. If you need a 5 or 6 foot long leash (6' max size), leave a note in the comments section of your order to request that size instead.
Over the years we have found most people do not want matching leashes and a lot of the matching leash trim we had bought ended up being unused. A lot of people seem to prefer to use a favorite leash they already have at home. You can take one of the colors in a collar and pair up a plain colored leash found in any store in the same color to match.
2. When will you ship my order?
- All items in the store are custom made and we don't keep shelves of collars in stock. Everything is handmade. Orders are made and shipped out in the order they are received. Time to make your order depends on how many orders we have ahead of you at the time. You will receive an email to notify you when your order is shipped.
3. How are orders shipped?
- Canadian orders have several options to chose from. They are shipped from Alberta by Canada Post. For small orders under 450 grams, the least expensive option is Canada Post economy shipping (oversize lettermail) at checkout. This does not come with tracking. You can also chose Canada Post Expresspost which does have tracking and the shopping cart will calculate the correct shipping cost at checkout. We also offer tracked courier shipping as another choice at checkout.
- USA orders are taken across the Canada/US border by our freight carrier overnight and handed over to USPS post office in Montana. They are sent with USPS tracking.
4. What size should I order?
- If you happen to have a Greyhound, we used to foster rescued greyhounds and we designed our medium size to fit them. When ordering a collar for any kind of dog, measure the dog's neck where the collar sits and add on a couple of inches for extra room to adjust the collar. Remember, martingale collars slip on over the dog's head and your dog's head is wider than his neck size so you do need that extra room to slip the collar on. For Buckle collars, order a size that gives your dog some extra room to adjust the collar. If your dog has a long coat allow a bit of extra room and if the dog gets clipped you can adjust it smaller.
5. Do you accept returns if the size I order doesn't fit?
- Yes, as long as the collar has not been worn or used by the dog it can be mailed back for a refund on the price of the collar within 30 days. Shipping costs are not refundable as we have already paid the postage to send the order out to you.
6. Do you have a physical store or are your products for sale in any pet stores?
- Regal Hound Designs products are only available from us online. You may see them for sale on a couple of online shopping sites but they are sold by us. We do not sell wholesale or to pet stores or other businesses.
7. Do you offer discounts?
- We have supported some registered charitable Canadian and USA dog rescues with a discount on large size custom made bulk orders only. For pet owners we often put up coupon codes on our home page whenever we have a sale or offer available.